What is Counselling?
Counselling is a collaborative process that involves the development of a confidential professional relationship that focuses on personal problems. The objective of counselling is to help you clarify issues, gain insight into your feelings and thoughts and deal effectively with problems. Nearly all us can experience occasional difficulties that can interfere with our success or sense of well-being. These can include but are not limited to:
- Conflicts with friends
- Family or relationship/partner problems
- Career indecision or re-evaluating professional goals
- Habit control problems (e.g. over/under eating, alcoholism, drug abuse)
- Low self-confidence
- Excessive feelings of stress
- Anxiety or depression
- Sleep disturbance (sleeping too much or too little)
- Procrastination (putting off important tasks)
- Thoughts about death or suicide
- Identity issues
- Sexual/gender identity concerns
Call now to make an appointment with one of our qualified and experienced counselling staff.